Monday, April 19, 2010

Josh, look what happened to me!


'My two front teeth fell out!!'

This came out of my son's mouth, directed at one of his classmates, less than five minutes after we arrived back at school. We've all had two weeks off, and as usual, we've allowed Billy to steer clear of most kids.

So I'm thinking it's going to take a few days before he jumps right back into the world of kids.

But no... he's back among his peers, watching, commenting and spontaneously sharing information about himself. Wow. Wow. Wow.

I wish I'd had the presence of mind to take a photo, because the phrase was accompanied by a very funny lifting up of the upper lip with the fingers to show off the full beauty of his toothlessness. Hang on, that's an appropriate gesture, added to a peer conversation.

WTF? My kid? No...

Every day, along with the constant taps on the shoulder about what's different about my boy, I get a burst of hope. A little puff of air that surrounds the two of us like a bubble.

And bubbles make everyone feel better, right?

4 comments:

Mich9 said...

Nikko loves bubbles. :)
And what a totally "normal" statement and action to share with a peer. He must have looked like a regular boy showing excitement. Love it! Way to go, Billy!!!

Ro said...

Woot!
Fabulous for Billy :)

Suz said...

How wonderful :)

H said...

Aww, that's awesome that Billy is socializing with his little buddies!!! I sure wish you and Billy lived closer to us, because I think Sean and Billy could learn from each other and become great buds, not to mention they may be able to share toothless stories one day :)